Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mommy & Me

I play Bunco every month with a great group of girls. It was my turn to host it this month and I picked the theme: Mommy & Me. In addition to the $5 that everyone put in the pot, everyone brought a $5 gift that had something to do with their favorite activity with their children. There were lot's of great gifts: art supplies,scrap booking supplies, baking mixes, nail polish and games. One of my favorite things to do with my boys is to go to Storytime at our local library every week. So I decided to make a book bag. I bought this basic tote at Wal-mart and embroidered 'Books' across the front and then attached a story time schedule. I love the way it turned out. I think I'm going to make one for my family too.


I was really excited to win the game Chutes & Ladders. I've been wanting to buy it for my boys for quite a while. This morning when my boys woke up I showed it to my oldest and he said "Let's play. You be the ladder and I get to be the shooter". He is ALL boy. I think he was slightly disaponted when I explained that a chute was a slide and not a gun.

2 comments:

  1. I love J's comment! Too funny and sweet. Oh, how my life will change should we be blessed with a baby boy this time around. I always have to pretend to be Yaya's momma, baby, kitty, Queen or Prince charming (one of my favorites) when we play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I mentioned how creative you are? I love that bag idea and party theme!

    ReplyDelete